- Educational Background
- MS in Civil Engineering with Structural concentration (or strong BS student)
- MS/BS in Civil Engineering with Construction Management concentration
- EIT required
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to travel (~100 days/year)
- Willing to work on ropes and at height
- Willing to work out in the field
- Experience with hand tools and construction sites
- Instrumentation/testing/monitoring/structural health monitoring experience
- Professional Engineer (PE or SE)
- Project management experience
- AutoCAD experience
- MATLAB experience
- AASHTO experience (Load rating via ASR, LFR, LRFR methodologies)
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to present project results to clients and in conference settings
- Strong mechanics background
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Jesse Sipple, Engineering Division Manager.
Background and Philosophy: We are a very dynamic, growing company that thrives on the creativity and ideas of its employees. As a BDI engineer, you will be asked to not only work on existing projects, but also help obtain new projects by creating, maintaining, and utilizing a professional network. Along the way, we will provide a variety of safety training including ropes access, structure inspection, and just about any other type of professional development opportunities that you would be interested in pursuing.
Within several years of being employed at BDI, our engineers tend to be well-rounded and well-traveled. We take on an amazingly wide spectrum of projects ranging from evaluating the performance of a radial lift gate on the Snake River, to installing a monitoring system on a historic fort on an island in the Gulf of Mexico, to running a building floor test in Saudi Arabia, not to mention testing and training for customers all over the world in between projects.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and interested in developing their own career in structural testing, monitoring, and evaluation. Depending on the project, long hours will be necessary at times and as a team member, you may be called to assist a crew (both onsite and remotely) with short notice. BDI does not just to provide you a job, but rather an opportunity and a challenge to see where you can take your career.
No need to apply if you are looking for a comfortable, predictable, 9-to-5 engineering position. However, if you have a taste for adventure, enjoy traveling, and like challenging yet sometimes difficult work, then this position is right for you.
Bridge Diagnostics, Inc. ensures non-discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact our office at +1.303.494.3230 ext. 116
Leave a Reply