The ideal candidate would be thorough, hard-working, and interested in supporting our country’s infrastructure through the evaluation of its bridges, dams, telecommunication towers, and other structures of interest. This position carries with it a need for extensive physical work and critical thinking in the use of the different Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) technologies BDI deploys.
- Apply various NDE methods and techniques to evaluate structural components
- Extensive field work and critical thinking in the use of the different nondestructive evaluation (NDE) technologies BDI deploys
- Record detailed notes and photographs to corroborate the results of the investigation
- Manage daily logistics including travel, equipment shipping and maintenance, and project schedule
- Submit field notes, collected data, time-sheets, and expense reports in a timely manner
- Provide oversight and accountability for the quality of work being completed during an investigation
- Uphold safety guidelines and standards of BDI while completing field work
- 1-3 years of experience in civil inspection, nondestructive evaluation, or other relevant fields. Experience with Ground Penetrating Radar desired.
- Must be willing to travel up to 100%
- Work in outdoor environments
- Capable of lifting 50-80 pounds regularly
- Capable of safely using access methods (climbing ladders/scaffolding, man-lifts, etc.) commonly used during structural investigations
- Experienced with hand tools, power tools, and their proper application
- Basic mathematics and geometry skills
- Efficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to apply NDE technologies
- Preferred: OSHA trained, ropes access, CAD experience
Job type: Full-time.
Please email HR@bditest.com with cover letter and resume, outlining all job-related certifications and experience you hold.
About Us: BDI is a consulting and manufacturing firm that has been providing high-quality instruments and testing and monitoring services worldwide since 1989. BDI Headquarters and manufacturing facility is located in Louisville, CO; in addition, we have local offices in Philadelphia, PA, Raleigh, NC, and New Orleans, LA, and international bases in both Manchester and London, UK.
Equipped with various types of data acquisition systems and sensors, our highly qualified engineers and technicians develop instrumentation plans, execute testing, and perform sophisticated analytical modeling. We also develop and manufacture most of the testing hardware and software used on our projects.
This unique combination of sophisticated engineering and instrumentation design makes BDI the most qualified, all-in-one firm for structural testing and monitoring.
Background and Philosophy:
BDI is a very dynamic, growing company that thrives on the creativity and ideas of its employees. As a BDI engineer, you will be asked to not only work on existing projects, but also help obtain new projects by creating, maintaining, and utilizing a professional network. Along the way, we will provide a variety of safety training including ropes access, structure inspection, and just about any other type of professional development opportunities that you would be interested in pursuing.
Within several years of being employed at BDI, our engineers tend to be well-rounded and well-travelled. We take on an amazingly wide spectrum of projects ranging from evaluating the performance of a radial lift gate on the Snake River, to installing a monitoring system on a historic fort on an island in the Gulf of Mexico, to running a building floor test in Saudi Arabia, not to mention testing and training for customers all over the world in between projects.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and interested in developing their own career in structural testing, monitoring, and evaluation. Depending on the project, long hours will be necessary at times and as a team member you may be called to assist a crew (both onsite and remotely) with short notice. BDI does not just provide you a job, but rather an opportunity and a challenge to see where you can take your career.
No need to apply if you are looking for a comfortable, predictable, 9-to-5 engineering position. However, if you have a taste for adventure, enjoy traveling, and like challenging yet sometimes difficult work, then this position is right for you.
Bridge Diagnostics, Inc. ensures non-discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact our office at +1.303.494.3230 ext. 116
Leave a Reply