BDI is a leader in nondestructive testing and long-term monitoring of bridges, dams, lock gates and other large civil structures. We apply an entrepreneurial approach to our business in order to deliver practical solutions to our customers as rapidly as they are needed. Associates at BDI enjoy a fast-paced environment where individual contributions can have maximum impact.
BDI in Louisville, Colorado is seeking a full-time Manager of R&D to contribute to BDI’s current and future growth by leading the new product design group to provide innovative sensing and measurement products. These products are used for short term testing and long-term monitoring of bridges and other large structures. This candidate will establish a strong foundation for successful R&D processes and reinforce the quality culture within the R&D group. They will be a technical knowledge leader within BDI, bringing both deep technical knowledge and broad team leadership skills to the role.
- Build and lead a small R&D team designing and supporting sensor and data acquisition products.
- Direct the development of future BDI products.
- Generate all R&D deliverables including test results and design documentation.
- Establish and maintain good document control practices.
- Plan and schedule development projects and arrange resources as needed.
- Support BDI’s manufacturing process by resolving issues escalated from the manufacturing floor.
- Support internal and external customers by resolving issues escalated from the customer base.
- 3+ years in an engineering management role.
- 7+ years working in an impactful electronic product design role.
- Ability to plan and schedule projects and track and report on progress.
- Experience with data acquisition systems.
- Technical knowledge of wireless data communication
- Experience using electromechanical sensors.
- Experience with calibration processes.
- Experience with on-site manufacturing.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- $75k to $99k per year, DOE
- Health Insurance
- This is a full-time position.
- No relocation assistance is available.
- Technical knowledge of wireless data communication: 3 years (Preferred)
- Engineering management: 3 years (Required)
- Data Acquisition Systems: 3 years (Required)
- Electromechanical sensors: 3 years (Preferred)
- On-site manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calibration processes: 1 year (Preferred)
- Impactful electronic product design: 7 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Please email HR@bditest.com with cover letter and resume, outlining all job-related certifications and experience you hold.
About Us: BDI is a consulting and manufacturing firm that has been providing high-quality instruments and testing and monitoring services worldwide since 1989. BDI Headquarters and manufacturing facility is located in Louisville, CO; in addition, we have local offices in Philadelphia, PA, Raleigh, NC, and New Orleans, LA, and international bases in both Manchester and London, UK.
Equipped with various types of data acquisition systems and sensors, our highly qualified engineers and technicians develop instrumentation plans, execute testing, and perform sophisticated analytical modeling. We also develop and manufacture most of the testing hardware and software used on our projects.
This unique combination of sophisticated engineering and instrumentation design makes BDI the most qualified, all-in-one firm for structural testing and monitoring.
Background and Philosophy:
BDI is a very dynamic, growing company that thrives on the creativity and ideas of its employees. As a BDI engineer, you will be asked to not only work on existing projects, but also help obtain new projects by creating, maintaining, and utilizing a professional network. Along the way, we will provide a variety of safety training including ropes access, structure inspection, and just about any other type of professional development opportunities that you would be interested in pursuing.
Within several years of being employed at BDI, our engineers tend to be well-rounded and well-travelled. We take on an amazingly wide spectrum of projects ranging from evaluating the performance of a radial lift gate on the Snake River, to installing a monitoring system on a historic fort on an island in the Gulf of Mexico, to running a building floor test in Saudi Arabia, not to mention testing and training for customers all over the world in between projects.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and interested in developing their own career in structural testing, monitoring, and evaluation. Depending on the project, long hours will be necessary at times and as a team member you may be called to assist a crew (both onsite and remotely) with short notice. BDI does not just provide you a job, but rather an opportunity and a challenge to see where you can take your career.
No need to apply if you are looking for a comfortable, predictable, 9-to-5 engineering position. However, if you have a taste for adventure, enjoy traveling, and like challenging yet sometimes difficult work, then this position is right for you.
Bridge Diagnostics, Inc. ensures non-discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact our office at +1.303.494.3230 ext. 116
Leave a Reply