Responsibilities: Supporting the Engineering and NDE divisions both on in-field projects and in the office as well as working with the production team in manufacturing and assembly of equipment.
Some of the key elements to be delivered in this role are:
- Instrumentation and monitoring system installation and/or maintenance
- NDE field support
- Field equipment testing, maintenance, logistics, packing, and inventory
- Production assembly and manufacturing
- Computer-aided drafting
- Ropes access technician work
- Strain gage technician
- Working at heights
- Significant physical labor on job sites
- 150+ days working on the road
- Perform job in accordance with all BDI safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Can communicate effectively with colleagues, other contractors, and clients both verbally and in written fashion
- Can lift 75 lbs
- Demonstrated history of safe working practices
- Hand tools and construction
- Computers and CAD
- Working on a construction site
- Using tools to troubleshoot and diagnose low voltage electrical or IT systems
- Project management and logistical coordination
- Instrumentation system installation and maintenance
- Prefer experience with Control Systems, Instrumentation technician, ITS or SCADAbut not required
Salary: $23.00 to $28.00 /hour
- Intelligent Transportation Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Control Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- hand tools and construction: 1 year (Required)
- troubleshooting and diagnosing low voltage electrical or IT: 1 year (Preferred)
- CAD and computer skills: 1 year (Required)
- project management and logistical coordination: 1 year (Required)
- SCADA Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Instrumentation technician: 1 year (Required)
High school or equivalent (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Required travel: 100% (Required)
- One location
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Pay Frequency: Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job Type: Full-time
Please email HR@bditest.com with cover letter and resume, outlining all job-related certifications and experience you hold.
About Us: BDI is a consulting and manufacturing firm that has been providing high-quality instruments and testing and monitoring services worldwide since 1989. BDI Headquarters and manufacturing facility is located in Louisville, CO; in addition, we have local offices in Philadelphia, PA, Raleigh, NC, and New Orleans, LA, and international bases in both Manchester and London, UK.
Equipped with various types of data acquisition systems and sensors, our highly qualified engineers and technicians develop instrumentation plans, execute testing, and perform sophisticated analytical modeling. We also develop and manufacture most of the testing hardware and software used on our projects.
This unique combination of sophisticated engineering and instrumentation design makes BDI the most qualified, all-in-one firm for structural testing and monitoring.
Background and Philosophy:
BDI is a very dynamic, growing company that thrives on the creativity and ideas of its employees. As a BDI engineer, you will be asked to not only work on existing projects, but also help obtain new projects by creating, maintaining, and utilizing a professional network. Along the way, we will provide a variety of safety training including ropes access, structure inspection, and just about any other type of professional development opportunities that you would be interested in pursuing.
Within several years of being employed at BDI, our engineers tend to be well-rounded and well-travelled. We take on an amazingly wide spectrum of projects ranging from evaluating the performance of a radial lift gate on the Snake River, to installing a monitoring system on a historic fort on an island in the Gulf of Mexico, to running a building floor test in Saudi Arabia, not to mention testing and training for customers all over the world in between projects.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and interested in developing their own career in structural testing, monitoring, and evaluation. Depending on the project, long hours will be necessary at times and as a team member you may be called to assist a crew (both onsite and remotely) with short notice. BDI does not just provide you a job, but rather an opportunity and a challenge to see where you can take your career.
No need to apply if you are looking for a comfortable, predictable, 9-to-5 engineering position. However, if you have a taste for adventure, enjoy traveling, and like challenging yet sometimes difficult work, then this position is right for you.
Bridge Diagnostics, Inc. ensures non-discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact our office at +1.303.494.3230 ext. 116
Leave a Reply