BDI in Louisville, Colorado is a leader in nondestructive testing and monitoring of bridges, dams, lock gates and other large civil structures. We apply an entrepreneurial approach to our business in order to deliver practical solutions to our customers as rapidly as they are needed. Associates at BDI enjoy a fast-paced environment where individual contributions have maximum impact and the work that they do provides a valuable and important service to our clients.
BDI is seeking a Design Engineer, who is passionate about helping design, build, test, and troubleshoot industry leading instrumentation and data acquisition products. The successful candidate is a “jack-of-all” trades with a “can-do” attitude, who enjoys the diversity and challenge of working on a wide variety of electrical and software designs. The candidate understands best product design practices and ensures the highest quality results from concept through production and installation into the field.
This position provides the unique opportunity for the right individual to contribute across the organization to design and develop innovative instrumentation systems for some of the most unique and challenging structural engineering testing and monitoring projects around the globe. Because of the critical nature of the work we do ensuring the structural integrity of bridges, dams, and buildings, we take our jobs and the work we do very seriously. The successful candidate’s integrity, pride of ownership, and personal commitment to do what is necessary are critical values BDI is looking for to ensure our products exceed performance, user experience, and production expectations.
This is a full-time position. Local candidates only, no relocation assistance is available.
- Lead the design, development, and production release of field instrumentation systems including electrical (power, data acquisition, communications), embedded and application software, cabling, and test.
- Product designs including PCAs, test equipment, sensor interfaces, cable assemblies, mechanical hardware.
- Testing and troubleshooting of products, analog and digital circuits, sensors, and network communications.
- Design of sensor and data acquisition calibration and validation systems.
- Development of custom test equipment and fixtures.
- Supporting the electronics manufacturing processes and resolving issues on the manufacturing floor.
- Owning and writing technical documentation including detailed designs, software, test plans and procedures, BOMs, theory of operations, and assembly procedures.
- Support and update existing released products and test equipment.
- 5+ years of working in an engineering/manufacturing environment of a high-tech company.
- BSEE with a emphasis in computer science.
- Low noise analog, embedded processor, power, and communication electrical circuit designs.
- Embedded and application software (Labview, C++, Python, etc.), RTOS, Linux or Windows operating systems, and software development processes.
- Hands-on proficiency with typical electronics laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, volt meters, lead-free soldering, etc.
- Experience with system testing including test harness and test software.
- Must have a high attention to detail and understand the importance of producing high quality work. Experience with QA/QC work is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a team environment or sole contributor.
- Proficiency with Altium or other electrical design software.
- Proficiency with LabVIEW (preferred), or other high-level software language.
- Proficiency with embedded operating systems, RTOS, Linux, and or Windows.
- Experience with circuit simulations, circuit analysis, and DSP.
- Experience with instrumentation systems, analog and digital sensors,and measurement technologies.
- Electronics product design: 5 years (Required)
- PCB and PCA design and bring up: 5 years (Required)
- Instrumentation System and Sensor Interface Design:5 Years (Preferred)
- Sensor and acquisition system test and calibration: 5 year (Preferred)
- Lab testing equipment: 5 years (Preferred)
- $80k to $110k per year, DOE
- Health Insurance
VIEW JOB AND APPLY ON INDEED: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=c9aa34dd8479b832&tk=1ei93gd4b3jak000