BDI in Louisville, Colorado is a leader in nondestructive testing and monitoring of bridges, dams, lock gates and other large civil structures. We apply an entrepreneurial approach to our business in order to deliver practical solutions to our customers as rapidly as they are needed. Associates at BDI enjoy a fast-paced environment where individual contributions can have maximum impact.
BDI is seeking a Technician, who is passionate about helping design, build, test, and troubleshoot industry leading instrumentation and data acquisition products. The successful candidate is a “jack-of-all” trades with a “can-do” attitude, who enjoys the diversity and challenge of working on a wide variety of electrical and software designs. The candidate understands best engineering laboratory practices and ensures the highest quality results from concept through production and installation into the field.
This position provides the unique opportunity for the right individual to contribute across the organization to support the development of innovative instrumentation systems to some of most unique and challenging structural engineering testing and monitoring projects around the globe. Because of the critical nature of the work we do ensuring the structural integrity of bridges, dams, and buildings, we take our jobs and the work we do very seriously. The successful candidate’s integrity, pride of ownership, and personal commitment to do what is necessary are critical values BDI is looking for to ensure our products exceed performance, user experience, and production expectations.
This is a full-time position. Local candidates only, no relocation assistance is available.
- Support the design, development, and production release of field instrumentation systems including electrical (power, data acquisition, communications), embedded software, and test.
- Product fabrication including PCAs, test equipment, sensor interfaces, cable assemblies, mechanical hardware.
- Testing and troubleshooting of embedded systems, analog and digital circuits, sensors, and network communications.
- Calibration and validation of sensor and data acquisition.
- Development of custom test equipment and fixtures
- Supporting the electronics manufacturing processes and resolving issues on the manufacturing floor.
- Maintaining the engineering laboratory.
- Writing technical documentation including test plans and procedures, and assembly procedures.
- Sustaining existing product manufacturing, such as ensuring Bills of Material are up to date and resolving obsoleted components.
- 5+ years of working in an engineering/manufacturing environment of a high-tech company.
- BSEE or vocational school certificate
- Understanding how to read and update schematics, research components, and trouble shoot electrical and mechanical designs.
- Hands-on proficiency with typical electronics laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, volt meters, lead-free soldering, etc.
- Experience with system testing including test harness and test software.
- Must have a high attention to detail and understand the importance of producing high quality work. Experience with QA/QC work is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a team environment or sole contributor.
- Experience with Altium other electrical design software.
- Experience with 2D or 3D CAD software.
- Experience with LabVIEW (preferred), or other high-level software language.
- Experience with embedded operating systems, RTOS, Linux, and or Windows.
- Experience with instrumentation systems, analog and digital sensors, and measurement technologies.
- Electronics technician: 3-5 years (Required)
- Electronics board level debug and repair: 3-5 years (Required)
- Electronics test and calibration: 5 year (Preferred)
- Lab testing equipment: 5 years (Preferred)
- $50k to $80k per year, DOE
- Health Insurance
VIEW JOB AND APPLY ON INDEED: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=c7863d5eb909467a&tk=1ei93gd4b3jak000
Background and Philosophy
BDI is a consulting and manufacturing firm that has been providing high-quality instruments and testing and monitoring services worldwide since 1989. BDI Headquarters and the manufacturing facility is located in Boulder, CO; in addition, we have local offices in Philadelphia, PA, Raleigh, NC, and New Orleans, LA, and international bases in both Manchester and London, UK.
Equipped with various types of data acquisition systems and sensors, our highly qualified engineers and technicians develop instrumentation plans, execute testing, and perform sophisticated analytical modeling. We also develop and manufacture most of the testing hardware and software used on our projects.
This unique combination of sophisticated engineering and instrumentation design makes BDI the most qualified, all-in-one firm for your testing and monitoring requirements.