BDI is currently hiring a Monitoring Project Manager in our Horsham, PA Office. The primary responsibility will be the management of structural monitoring projects and staff in locations throughout the US and internationally. Responsibilities associated with this position will include:
- Project management of monitoring projects, including logistical planning; client correspondence; project execution; assurance that field and reporting deadlines are met; budget tracking; forecasting; and invoicing.
- Project execution (from above) includes coordination with production and field crews ensuring they are following BDI standards for system design; creation of installation drawings using AutoCAD, standard installation details, and verifying against project specifications; system testing; system installation in the field; post-field close out of the project; and pass off to our on-going monitoring division.
- This position allows for opportunities of rapid growth within BDI’s management team.
- Adherence to all BDI Safety requirements and procedures and assure field staff are working in a safe environment.
- Client and subcontractor interaction and coordination
- Maintaining & coordinating project staffing and equipment usage schedules
- Management and mentorship of junior staff
- Determination of monitoring group staffing requirements.
- Support business development team with cost estimating and proposal writing.
- Contract review for scope and price accuracy
- Monitoring field, reporting, and analysis work, as required
- Other duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, ITS, or Construction Management
- 3-5+ years’ experience in civil infrastructure monitoring, heavy construction, ITS installations, or low voltage construction
- Experience working in and managing a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Project management and managing subordinates.
- Extensive field experience in monitoring of civil infrastructure, ITS installations, or low voltage electronics.
- Willing to travel for projects (~50-100 days/year)
- Initial training may include more travel for the first year to get up-to-speed with BDI current standards.
- Experience with construction, basic construction skills and OSHA Standards
- PE License, if the applicant has an engineering background (preferred)
- Automated environmental, geotechnical, and structural monitoring (preferred)
The position will evolve as your skills and experience increase, and as you develop an area of interest on which you may want to focus.
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to Commute/Relocate
- Horsham, PA 19044 (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Civil infrastructure monitoring: 3 years (Preferred)
- project management: 3 years (Preferred)
- OSHA standards: 2 years (Preferred)
- automated structural monitoring: 2 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (PE) (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel
- 50% (Required)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Total Compensation Range: Low: $65,000 – High: $95,000
Background and Philosophy
BDI is a nationally recognized leader in testing, monitoring, and nondestructive evaluation of civil structures. The company started over 30 years ago and has helped shape the current industry standards of testing and monitoring of structures. Through its history of testing over 1,000 structures, BDI has touched some of the most iconic infrastructure in the world. BDI works with a wide variety of clients from DOTs, Public Utility Districts, the US Army Corps of Engineers, consulting engineering firms, academic institutions, design-build teams, P3s, and private infrastructure owners. The variety of work and exposure to some of the most interesting civil infrastructure projects on a day-to-day basis at BDI is what excites and retains our staff the most.
When you join BDI, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in BDI’s environment. If you are looking for an exciting career with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of unique structures, BDI may be the place for you. If you have a taste for adventure, enjoy traveling, and like challenging work, then this position is right for you.