We have always developed our STS hardware based on 30+ years of field-testing experience as well as feedback from all of our clients around the world. Because we’ve slogged through the mud, rappelled from ropes, and swayed in bucket trucks—all in bad weather—we know that ease-of-use is a must. The software is simple to operate, and the built-in sensor verification routines ensure you’ll collect quality data. With the significant cost associated with field work, the STS4 will pay for itself after just a few uses compared to traditional data acquisition systems.
Standard 802.11b/g/n wireless protocol with wired Ethernet backup
Designed to exceed IP6
Communication & power up to 16 data channels
Internal Li-Ion battery with up to 40 hours of testing time
- A completely wireless turnkey load testing system
- All sensors automatically identify themselves—no tracking channel numbers!
- Hardwired backup communication capability in case of extremely noisy environment
- Capable of reading virtually any analog sensor
Intelliducer sensors, standard wireless communication, simple yet powerful software makes this system truly plug-and-play!
- Setup the STS4 Wireless Base Station to create the wireless network.
- Connect your PC to the STS wireless network and launch STS-LIVE
- Plug in the sensors and turn on the the STS Nodes
- Start collecting and viewing data in engineering units
|Analog Single-ended or Differential
3KΩ NTC Thermistor
|Maximum Sample Rate:
~1 S/s (non-user adjustable)
|Programmable Gain Stages||11|
|Analog to Digital Converter (ADC)||24-bit ADC (Sigma delta)|
|Temperature Inputs (NTC Thermistor only)||4|
|System Memory||16 MB (Operating System)|
|Internal Micro SD Card||8 GB|
|VX (programmable)||+1 to +5 Vdc @ 20 mA (per channel)|
|V+15||+15 Vdc @ 400 mA (combined)|
|Li-Ion Battery||+10.8 Vdc (Nominal), 6.8 Ah, 73 Wh|
|DC Supply||+24 Vdc @ 3.0 Amp (max for charging)|
|Power over Ethernet||+48 Vdc (IEEE 802.3af)|
|Connector||10-Pin weatherproof Mil-Spec circular bayonet snap-lock.|
|Size||8.0 x 4.5 x 3.25 in (203 x 115 x 83 mm)|
|Weight||2.63 lb (1,200 g)|
|Battery & DC Supply Operation||-4° to +140 °F (-20° to +60 °C)|
1 Intelliducer support refers to BDI’s intelligent sensor connector interface. The intelligent sensor interface contains the sensor ID, calibration factor, gain setting, etc. within a memory chip inside the sensor connector.