Supporting the Engineering and NDE divisions both on in-field projects and in the office as well as working with the production team in manufacturing and assembly of equipment.
Some of the key elements to be delivered in this role are:
- Instrumentation and monitoring system installation and/or maintenance
- NDE field support
- Field equipment testing, maintenance, logistics, packing, and inventory
- Production assembly and manufacturing
- Computer aided drafting experience
- Ropes access technician work
- Strain gage technician
- Working at heights
- Significant physical labor on jobsites
- 150+ days working on the road
- Perform job in accordance with all BDI safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Can communicate effectively with colleagues, other contractors, and clients both verbally and in written fashion
- Can lift 75 lbs
- Demonstrated history of safe working practices
- Hand tools and construction
- Strong Computer and CAD skills
- Construction site experience
- Using tools to troubleshoot and diagnose low voltage electrical or IT systems
- Project management and logistical coordination
- Instrumentation system installation and maintenance
Pay range: $23 – $28 hourly (depending on experience)
Background and Philosophy
BDI is a nationally recognized leader in testing, monitoring, and nondestructive evaluation of civil structures. The company started over 30 years ago and has helped shape the current industry standards of testing and monitoring of structures. Through its history of testing over 1,000 structures, BDI has touched some of the most iconic infrastructure in the world. BDI works with a wide variety of clients from DOTs, Public Utility Districts, the US Army Corps of Engineers, consulting engineering firms, academic institutions, design-build teams, P3s, and private infrastructure owners. The variety of work and exposure to some of the most interesting civil infrastructure projects on a day-to-day basis at BDI is what excites and retains our staff the most.
When you join BDI, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in BDI’s environment. If you are looking for an exciting career with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of unique structures, BDI may be the place for you. If you have a taste for adventure, enjoy traveling, and like challenging work, then this position is right for you.