BDI provides a variety of engineering services to complement our instrumentation, testing, and monitoring experience and capabilities.
– Bridge Load Ratings
– Data Analysis
– PE’s in 27 US States and P.Eng. in Canada
Our measurements are required to address specific engineering questions:
- ``What is a safe load limit for this bridge?``
- ``What load or deformation conditions caused these cracks in the girders?``
- ``How should we budget for long-term maintenance on our bridge decks?``
- ``Are forces being transferred as expected during complex construction?``
- ``Are trunnion friction values within acceptable limits?``
To address these questions, our engineering services are focused on evaluation of an existing asset’s condition and performance and include some level of analysis and utilization of relevant engineering codes. Our analysis methods range from data transformations and implementation of basic mechanics to complex finite element models with static and dynamic load conditions.