Supporting the Monitoring division on in-field projects as well as in the office.
Some of the key elements to be delivered in this role are:
- Ability to read blue prints
- Willingness to work alongside subcontractors to ensure timely completion of each project
- Ability to provide daily reporting on project progress
- Coordination of job site deliveries, logistics and attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain a clean, safe, secure and healthy work environment by enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- A positive and proactive demeanor, with a high level of resilience and resourcefulness
- Communicate and work well with others
- 5+ Years of Supervisory and/or Project Management Experience in General Construction, Retail Construction and/or Trades
- Ensure a safe working environment and drive all projects to achieve the highest level of safety is maintained
- Instrumentation and monitoring system installation and/or maintenance
- Field equipment testing, maintenance, logistics, packing, and inventory
- Computer-aided drafting
- Working at heights
- Significant physical labor on job sites
- 150+ days working on the road
- Perform job in accordance with all BDI safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- OSHA 30 training and supervisory skills desired
- Can commute to either the PA or CO office locations
- Can communicate effectively with colleagues, other contractors, and clients both verbally and in written fashion
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- OSHA10 not required but a plus
- Willingness to travel on a multi-week basis for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work overnights and weekends on a consistent basis
- Can lift 75 lbs
- Demonstrated history of safe working practices
- Hand tools and construction
- Computers and CAD
- Working on a construction site
- Using tools to troubleshoot and diagnose low voltage electrical or IT systems
- Project management and logistical coordination
- Instrumentation system installation and maintenance
- Prefer experience with Control Systems, Instrumentation technician, ITS or SCADA but not required
Total Compensation Range: Low: $65,000 – High: $85,000
Background and Philosophy
BDI is a nationally recognized leader in testing, monitoring, and nondestructive evaluation of civil structures. The company started over 30 years ago and has helped shape the current industry standards of testing and monitoring of structures. Through its history of testing over 1,000 structures, BDI has touched some of the most iconic infrastructure in the world. BDI works with a wide variety of clients from DOTs, Public Utility Districts, the US Army Corps of Engineers, consulting engineering firms, academic institutions, design-build teams, P3s, and private infrastructure owners. The variety of work and exposure to some of the most interesting civil infrastructure projects on a day-to-day basis at BDI is what excites and retains our staff the most.
When you join BDI, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in BDI’s environment. If you are looking for an exciting career with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of unique structures, BDI may be the place for you. If you have a taste for adventure, enjoy traveling, and like challenging work, then this position is right for you.