As part of construction, adjacent buildings required monitoring for displacement. BDI was responsible for installing, maintaining, and remote monitoring of robotic total stations that measure the buildings round the clock. All data is transmitted to BDI’s monitoring website and displayed on PI, a web-based platform. The system is also providing alerts via SMS, and email if/when thresholds are exceeded.
- Observe and record impacts of deformations/deflections on structures surrounding an active construction site
- Monitoring changes in the baseline records to identify and provide early warnings of potential adverse impacts
- Develop instrumentation plans for a monitoring program (automated total station)
- Develop a plan to monitor settlements/displacements of structures due to construction report to client
- Design and install various types of instrumentation such as Robotic Total Stations & Prisms